Here I am going to explain about what are the things you need to know when you are choosing Inductive Proximity Sensors
1. Are you going to sense Metal Parts?
2. What sensing distance you required it will come only in mm (Depends on Head Dia Meter)
3. How much sensing head dia you required 3mm, 4mm, 5mm, 6.5mm, M8, M12, M18, M30 or Cube type Inductive Sensors.?
4. Output: PNP or NPN?
5. Switching Function: NO or NC?
6. Connections: Cable type or Connector Type?
These basic details are enough to select basic Basic Inductive Proximity Sensors.