An awning is a roof like structure, often made of canvas or plastic, which serves as a shelter over a storefront, window, door or deck. It is a canvas roof supported by a frame to give protection against the weather. It is also often constructed of aluminum under structure with aluminum sheeting. Awnings are used for both residential and commercial purposes. The main use of awnings is sun protection, it cuts glare and UV rays both indoors and outdoors, they provide shade and also reduce heat. Different types of awnings are available. Awnings are visually stunning which goes together with the architectural design of any home or any commercial building.
The following are some of the awnings; each and every type of awning has its own benefits:
1. Retractable awning: It provides quality, durability and affordability that complement your home. It has sufficient slope, so that it can protect outdoor areas from rain. These awnings are made with water – resistant fabric. It also protects indoor spaces from fading, yet keeps the room bright. By using retractable awning it reduces heat and at the same time reduces the use of air conditioners, enabling to save energy. Altogether it brings beauty to the EUROL.
2. Residential awning: Those which are in houses are residential awnings; the awning which is used may be retractable, stationary, vertical, metal, window awnings and canopies.
3. Outdoor awning: These awnings are attractive and in many case a very practical addition to any home.
4. Deck awning: It is a type of awning which is engineered to withstand greater upward or downward from unexpected weather than any other awning systems. It provides beauty and sun protection without awning framework and costly seasonal maintenance.
5. Shade awning
Canopy is a roof like covering supported on pillars over an altar, a statue or a fountain. Awnings are always attached to a building. It may be metal, wood, or canvas. On the other hand, canopy refers to a canvas or cloth covering. Awning manufacturers and suppliers are available in large number.
Versatility of awnings
-It cools home interiors, reduces A/C costs, low maintenance.
-It provides good health, by reducing excess heat, protects from Ultraviolet rays, rain, inclement weather and harsh sun.
-It provides shade, comfort, various levels of privacy and expands customer commercial space.
Care and maintenance of awnings:
1. Remove dirt on the awnings as soon as possible.
2. Use only cold or lukewarm water, mild soap and a brush to wash your awnings.
3. Between deep cleanings, it’s good to periodically rinse awnings with clear water.
4. If you live in a warm, humid environment, it becomes necessary to clean your awnings frequently.